ECOSOC Special Meeting on Inequality “Addressing Inequality: Policy priorities at the global level”
March 30, 2016. 9.30- 18:00h. UN Headquarters, New York, USASee address
Rebeca Grynspan, Ibero-American Secretary General, will participate in the United Nations Economic and Social Council 2016 in a session called “Addressing Inequality: Policy priorities at the global level”.
This session will analyze global trends in inequality, including rising inequality between the poorest 50 per cent of the global income distribution and the top 1 per cent of income earners. The session will identify characteristics of the international trade and financial system that contribute to inequality and will seek to provide policy solutions at the global level that can reduce inequalities. Speakers will also address specific approaches and partnerships that can reduce inequality between countries.
In the panel will participate:
- Michael Elliott, CEO ONE
- E. Mr. José Graziano da Silva, Director-General, FAO
- Jeffrey Sachs, Columbia University
- Rebeca Grynspan, Ibero-American Secretary General
- Gilbert Houngbo, Deputy Director-General for Field Operations and Partnerships, ILO
- Jan Walliser, Vice President of the Equitable Growth, Finance and Institutions Practice Group, World Bank
- Marcos Bonturi, Director of Global Relations, OECD
All the event will be streamed through UN WebTV http://webtv.un.org/